Not Rated | 102 min
Rental Price: $3.99
Directed by Benjamin Ree
Synopsis: Desperate for answers about the theft of her two paintings, a Czech artist seeks out and befriends the career criminal who stole them. After inviting her thief to sit for a portrait, the two form an improbable relationship and an inextricable bond that will forever link these lonely souls.
The Hilo Palace Theater is thrilled to partner with NEON on the virtual release of the new film THE PAINTER AND THE THIEF. With our link, your ticket is just $3.99, and 50% of proceeds support the Hilo Palace and our staff! Join us in watching the film this Friday 5/22.
“[A] nuanced and beguiling new documentary about the various things we all take from each other.” David Ehrlich INDIEWIRE
“A stranger-than-fiction friendship story in which vérité techniques produce unbelievable results.” Peter Debruge VARIETY
The Hilo Palace Theater has partnered with Academy Award-winning studio NEON to present THE PAINTER AND THE THIEF. With our unique link, your virtual ticket to the film is just $3.99, and proceeds from each ticket purchased will help support us.
Brief instructions on how to watch the film at home are below. Thank you so much for your support, and please enjoy THE PAINTER AND THE THIEF!
How to watch:
1. Click our special link to visit NEON’s virtual cinema platform, where your one-time purchase of $3.99 will give you access to your virtual ticket to view the film.
2. To ensure that you are able to pause and revisit the film within your rental period, you will be required to create a free account.
3. After you have created an account and entered your payment information, your rental period will start immediately and last for 72 hours. You can view the film via the link in the receipt sent to your email, or simply click “Watch Film” when the confirmation page appears directly after purchase.
4. You will be able to easily watch the film at any time within this period on any of the following platforms. For technical support issues, please see the troubleshooting guide .
a. SMART TV (using the browser on your Apple TV, Android TV, Fire TV, Roku or Chromecast)
b. MOBILE DEVICE (iPhone, iPad, Android)
c. COMPUTER (by clicking on the link in your email receipt)
5. Need help? Please visit the FAQ page or contact email@example.com